Wednesday 8 October 2014

Would you rather go blind or lose your mind?

Science Focus

original post »


One morning in college, James Jorkasky woke up and couldn't see out of his left eye. A vessel near the eye's optic nerve had leaked, and his vision was blocked by blood.

"I didn't know what was going to happen," he says. "I was getting ready to start my senior year. I was pre-med. The first thing I thought was that my life was over."

Fortunately, the leak healed. Jorkasky's vision returned, and he quickly jumped back into his studies. But the incident stuck with him. Now the executive director of the National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research, he says the fear he felt that morning motivated...

More 
#science 
 » see original post http://theweek.com/article/index/268858/would-you-rather-go-blind-or-lose-your-mind
See Zazzle gifts tagged with 'science'

No comments:

Post a Comment