Thursday 17 April 2014

You should read my namesake's book!

Science Focus

original post »
You should read my namesake's book!
(h/t to +Tammy Jackson for this find)

There's a short background to that statement. Long time ago when Amazon was still establishing itself, A friend (Hi +Gordon Charlton) and his family bought me a special book as a gift.

They did a search for books by Authors with the same name as me and came across Mendel's Demon: [Gene Justice and the Complexity of Life] by Mark Ridley.

Knowing me, they chose well and gave it to me for my birthday (or Christmas, maybe?).

Anyway, it was a fascinating read and I learned so much about how the evolution of genes happens and survive in subsequent generations.

An amazing story, told well.

Anyway, it's nice to own a prized book, written by your namesake :)

Just thought I'd share ;)
 #science

Tammy Jackson originally shared:

Very scary!
 
original post: https://plus.google.com/116000959328274308893/posts/PComE8a4xGx
See Zazzle gifts tagged with 'science'

No comments:

Post a Comment